Friday, August 04, 2006

Let's Wrestle This City To The Ground: Spo-Dee O'Dee Blows Vol. V

Here's what I played on CJTR on Aug. 3, 2006:

Hour One
It's Catchin' On - Joel Plaskett Emergency
The Walking Sponge - Fight the Monster
Saskatchewan - Big Buildings
Boston - The Minor Thirds
Wind Driving Dogs - Chad VanGaalen
3rd of December - The Book of Daniel
I Break Hearts - Leeroy Stagger
Second Son - Elliott Brood
God's Gonna Cut You Down - Johnny Cash
Die By The Sword - the Volebeats
Lucky - Chuck Prophet
Nothing To Lose - Isabelle Antena
Le Responsable - Jacques Dutronc
Retour A Vega - the Stills
Ave Corinne - the Neins Circa
On Sunday - New Buffalo

Hour Two
Paris Be Mine - the Bicycles
Je Ne Te Connais Pas - Prototypes
Is She Weird? - Frank Black Francis
Paul Cries - Think About Life
Raised By Wolves - the Cansecos
All Fires - Swan Lake when I played this song, I mentioned that it was a supergroup with members of Wolf Parade and Frog Eyes, and some other band I couldn't remember at the moment...which would be DAN BEJAR OF DESTROYER!!! I can't believe I remembered the other stuff, but forgot Dan Bejar! You know, I saw him in a comic shop last time I was in Vancouver.
The Looks - MSTRKRFT
Dream - Alice Smith OMG, SO GOOD!
Thank Goodness for the Rain - Peanut
Love Has Got Me Crying Again - Denise James
Cry Like A Baby - Hacienda Brothers
Buying A Book - Joe Tex
Intoxicated - Kids These Days
La Fin Du Monde - the Hylozoists

A very special shoutout this week goes to the Mp3 blog 3hive.com, from whom I took much inspiration.

Reminder! I'll be doing the 4 to 6 p.m. drive show this afternoon, Friday, Aug. 4, on CJTR. Be there or be square.

No comments: