Tuesday, September 11, 2007

How I managed to stay one year ahead of Dog the Bounty Hunter

There haven't been many times in the last year that I've been glad not to be an Entertainment Writer in Regina anymore, but this week might be one of them. Monday night, Regina hosted the Canadian Country Music Awards, and I was not there. It's not that I don't like country music (love it, in fact), or that I don't like Canadian country music (hell yeah, Terri Clark!). I just can't stand Canadian awards shows.
Meanwhile, I took my computer in this afternoon. When I called the 1-800 number attached to the warranty, I was told that they could fix it while I wait. When I showed up in person, they told to call if I didn't hear from them in a week, "...or two." Yikes. Worst of all, I packed the damn thing up in its original box, fearing that any damage to it might be attributed to not transporting it properly and thus void the warranty. When I got there, they told me they wouldn't hold on to the box, so I spent the afternoon walking around Vancouver with Scott and my big, empty computer box.
Tomorrow is new comic day, howev, so that's something to look forward to.

No comments: