Thursday, June 26, 2008

Places I Would Like To Go

I got my teeth cleaned today. It was pretty cool. I got to ride in an elevator the seventh floor of a building. When I was a kid, I imagined that I would be riding elevators all the time in my adult life. Not so. So that was the best part of my dental appointment.

The other best part was reading a travel magazine in the waiting room. There was a feature on Antarctic cruises. I have a very short list of places on this planet I would like to go and visit, and Antarctica is on it. So much so that I willingly watched the film Eight Below, even though I think that was actually filmed in B.C.

I would also like to visit the Arctic. I like cold places, especially now that I don't live in one. I have long entertained a dream of spending a year preparing for and then completing (or at least attempting) a major dog sled race. I was dog sledding once, and it was one of the best things I've ever done. Hey, if Green Arrow can do it, why not me?

mp3: "Hawaii" by Unicycle Loves You
mp3: "Green Arrow" by Yo La Tengo

No comments: