Thursday, August 15, 2013

There I Go, There I Go Again

"So what do you think, Gaétan's going to come after you? He must be in his 80s by now. I wouldn't worry."
"He was old when he burned the farm down. I can't imagine he's held together by anything more than hate by now."
"I dunno. Prison has a way of taking the fight out of old men. Trust me on that. He's probably in a nursing home somewhere."
"That should make it easy for you then."
"Make what easy?"
"Finding him. You'll find track him down for me, won't you?"
"I don't know. My whole life changed the last time I got involved in your family feud. The last few days notwithstanding," the Detective gestured toward his face, "I kinda like my life now."
"But that's just it," the Actor said. "This is what you do now. This is who you are. I'm not asking you to stick your neck out or do anything unprofessional. This is your profession. Come on, man."
"It's unprofessional of me to even be talking to you, you know what I mean? I mean, you wanna hire me? Come to my office, I pay rent there for crying out loud."
"You want me to hire you? Really? We're friends... I thought... "
"What? What did you think?" 


No comments: